I’ve made this recipe using wild and farm raised duck. Tastes great with either. Remember that farm raised ducks are going to be a little bigger than most wild ducks except for the largest mallards. This is going to affect your portion sizes.
- 2 Duck Breasts
- 1 Shallot
- 1-2 Cloves Garlic
- 60 ml Wild Cloudberry compote
- 60 ml White Wine
- 100 ml Chicken Stock
- 1-2 knobs Butter
- Score skin side of goose or duck breast to create grid pattern without cutting through skin.
- Let breast come near room temperature, season with kosher salt and pan roast skin side down for 3 minutes. Turn and baste. Continue cooking in 200F (400C) oven for 10 minutes. Remove roast from oven keep in warm place for 5-10 minutes resting time.
- Now, prepare sauce. Sauté shallot, add garlic season with salt and pepper, add cloudberry compote, white wine, mix together in pan. Bring to simmer add chicken stock simmer then remove from heat. Add butter and lemon juice.
- Carve roast. Serve with toasted barley pilaf and sautéed cabbage.
Share this Recipe